 |
| At the Corn Palace in Mitchell SD. |
We are having a fantastic Friday. So far we have been to the Corn Palace and the Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village. Now we are heading farther West towards Mt Rushmore!!
Hows this for science and history lessons?
 |
Standing next to a bison skeleton.
I loved all the things the women did with the bison in
their medicines, food, and more. |
 |
| Bison Boat made of hide. This boat was actually put to the test in the river near by. |
 |
| The girls at a sorting station- sorting bones vs pottery. |
 |
Inside a hut looking at their beds.
We drove today for hours. On top of the time change to Mountain Time it seemed like we would never get to the badlands. But we are here! Tomorrows plan is to wake up and do laundry and then go over to Mt Rushmore. Then Keystone to do the tourist stuff. I saw some really beautiful land today and I'm very grateful that I'm on this journey with my family. Its also really awesome to be driving listening to Dixie Chicks and Fleetwood Mac while looking at these kind of views.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment