The Great Pumpkin Challenge

The Great Pumpkin Challenge

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hard Days

I have had a couple of long hard days since my last post. Hubby was nice enough to share a summer flu with me and it wiped me out for 3 long days. I got to the point where I was positive I was dying and not going to see outside the bathroom walls ever again. Then the day I start to feel hope my two big girls start puking within an hour of each other. Did I mention it was fourth of July weekend? Only one of our busiest weekends of the season. Plus we managed to share our germs with the staff so I got to cover for them being sick. By Sunday night I was totally exhausted.

Today was my first day back in the pool and I didn't last long but I could feel the stress floating away with each lap I took.

Yesterday I ran around all morning getting little things done then came home to work outside. I ripped out a bush, helped dig up a busted water drain, and then started chopping wood. I was so excited to be splitting wood. To me it symbolizes that winter is coming. We are getting ready to heat our home, preparing for a few months off work. I love the feeling of looking in out wood box and seeing it full. This season we plan on filling 2 wood boxes, considering our 1 is totally empty and we ran out last winter. With the price of propane the last thing we want is to run out again this year.

I also went to visit my Grandma. It was a good visit and now that I know how easy of a drive it is and how not really that far they both are I plan on visiting more.

Yesterday in the mail the California Vacation Planner arrived. After I get some work done I plan on going through it to start mapping out some fun places to stop on our trip. I think we are down to like 14 weeks until we leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment